Do you know what's crazy? That in 3 days, I'll be on a 12 hour flight to the UK to start the next chapter of my life. This whole thing is still really surreal to me, especially since I've never even step foot into the UK. So in today's post, I'm just going to share with you some things that I am looking forward to in the UK, and some things I will miss from the country which I've been living in, Vietnam.
What I will miss
- The relatively cheaper prices - seriously, everything in the UK will be crazy expensive if I convert the currencies
- Cheap night outs
- The abundance of motorbikes in Vietnam - did I just say that?
- The tropical weather
- The noise
What I am looking forward to
- Meeting new people
- Experience blogging from the UK point of view
- Visiting all the iconic UK sites e.g red telephone boxes, the London eye
- The illusive Primark
- Authentic fish & chips
- Understanding the hype around tea
- The cooler weather that won't make me sweat
- No more school uniforms!
- Being closer to traveling around Europe
Of course, I'll probably add more to this as I submerge myself further into the English culture, hahah. But for now, hope you enjoy this relatively short list :P
Recent steals & deals
New Look - 20% off everything between 7pm-10pm tonight GMT (Code: FLASHTREAT) 18/9
As we get near the end of September, the weather gets cooler and cardigans, beanies, scarves and tights come out to play during the colder, darker months. Living in a tropical country with only 2 seasons (wet & dry), I've always been slightly jealous of those bloggers in the northern hemisphere that are able to snuggle up in cosy sweaters and partake in the art of fashion we call 'layering'. But since this year is the first year that I'll be in the UK for autumn and winter, I must say that I am beyond excited to be able to jump on that bandwagon - I've already started preparing by buying tons of sweaters in my latest August Haul.
When it comes to fashion/style inspiration, Pinterest is my absolute favourite. So for those of you that are unsure of how to/what is layering or how to wear that new coat/boots of yours...this will be extremely handy ;)
1. Leather is literally the material for fall if you want that edgy yet chic look
2. Scarf, beanie and trench coat? Check.
3. Pair one of those chunky, oversized 'sweater dresses' with knee high boots for the laidback and casual look whilst running errands
4. Think maxi skirts are reserved for the summer? Think again.
4. When transitioning from summer to fall, layer a sweater over your favourite dress and...voila. Instant sophistication.
5. Don't store your shorts away during these colder months - instead, wear them with cosy tights and you're good to go
6. The layering trick that makes anyone look good with a preppy flair - layer your favourite sweater over your favourite plaid shirt. Never underestimate the power of plaid prints.
7. Take layering to a whole new level by wearing a cardigan over your dress and belting it together!
Hope this post has been useful in helping you gain some inspiration on what to wear as the leaves changes colour and temperatures drop!
Boohoo - 24% off all dresses (Code: FROCKON) 15/09
New Look - 25% off must-haves // Get £10 off when you spend £50 (Code: SHOP50)
Missguided - 30% off jumpsuits (Code: ALLINONE) 15/09
So I saw this tag on Amy @ A Little Boat Sailing blog and since I'm the biggest fan ever ever ever, I thought it would be right if I did this tag! Hope you guys enjoy it and if you do do the tag, leave your links below - I would love to know other Potterhead's answers :D
1. What is your favourite book?
To be honest, I loved all 7 books (hahah). But if I had to pick, I would have to say the 6th one - Half-Blood Prince - because that book was full of new and interesting information that I thought made the plot more complex and more fascinating. Of course, knowing Snape's background and Voldemort's past was equally as thrilling.
2. What is your favourite film?
I didn't think they did such a good job on the latest films - the acting was great, but the plot and effects...not so :/ It would have to be a tie between the 2nd (Chamber of Secrets) and the 4th (Goblet of Fire) because I thought the scenes were captured relatively well in those.
3. What is your least favourite book?
This could be so cliched and all but...none. I know a few of my friends didn't like the 5th because it was so 'meaty' and boring to them but...I still love it. All books played an equal role in the plot.
4. What is your least favourite film?
The 6th one. It. Was. Horrible. Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration, but I was still so disappointed especially since it was one of my more favourite ones!
5. Which parts of the books/films made you cry?
Although I do get quite emotional in movies, I didn't really cry in Harry Potter, simply because I knew what was going to happen, having read the books :P I don't really cry when reading, but the part when Fred Weasley died made me stop reading for a while...
6. If you could hook up with any character who would it be?
Hmmm...Sirius Black is such a good-looking badass. Probably him...
7. Who is your favourite character?
You honestly can't ask me that question because I love them all so so so much. They're all special. Of course, there is the 'magical trio' and although I like all 3, I would have to go for Hermione as my favourite. Simply because she is incredibly hardworking, driven, determined (e.g in the 6th book when she refused to accept help from Harry's potion book AKA The Half Blood Prince and is determined to succeed the 'right' way), yet loyal and will protect those that she loves. Although she is smart and a stickler for rules, she isn't like Percy Weasley who disregards his family in search for ambition (yes, I am aware he reconciles with his family later on). Instead, she was willing to risk getting expelled, challenged Umbridge, puts herself in the most dangerous situations and has constantly been there for both Harry and Ron. Apart from Hermione, I really like the Weasley twins because they like Hermione, are determined and driven - although in a slightly different way. An example being their own joke shop that most people around them were skeptical about, especially since they didn't do too well in their exams. Yet, they proved everyone wrong. Also, not only did they provide me with loads of laughs, but the bond between the twins is just incredible.
8. Who is your least favourite character?
Professor Umbridge. Hands down. So annoying and I thought the actress that portrayed her in the movies did it really well because I did want to throttle her...
9. What is your least favourite line? I truly thought that all lines were carefully thought of, but somehow I am not too keen on the very last line, 'All is well.' because it just seems so empty to signify the end of an incredibly journey/series. Personal opinion though.
10. What would your Patronus be? A dolphin? I love the water and how intelligent, carefree and caring dolphins can be.
11. If you could have the invisibility cloak, resurrection stone or elder wand, which would you choose?
Invisibility Cloak. I just think that I would get more use out of it then I would with the other 2.
12. What house would you be in?
Well I took the Pottermore test and I am proud to say that I am a Gryffindor. Personally, I like to think Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. Don't think I evil enough for Slytherin :P
13. If you could meet any member of the cast who would it be?
Emma Watson, without a doubt. Please please please.
14. If you were on the Quidditch team, what position would you play?
Probably a Chaser because I think that could be quite fun...although I wouldn't mind trying to be a Seeker - since I'm quite small so I fly through all the tight spaces to catch the Snitch if needed.
15. Were you happy with the ending? With the books, yes I am. Although I really disliked Harry's children's names because there was no originality in it. I understand the whole tribute paying part, but it was basically the names of people he knew bunched together...and a little cheesy. I mean, did Ginny even get a say in any of that? Also, although I liked the ending, I am really sad it ended because I want more! I want to know all the little personal details of each character and their futures.
16. How much does Harry Potter mean to you?
Too much. It's been a big part of my childhood, and I still do a little happy dance/squeal whenever I receive/see/watch something Harry Potter related. I once had a 'Harry Potter character naming' competition with my sister as well as a number of Skype duels...(massive Potterhead here). Since the books and movies ended, apart from re-reading/watching them over and over again...I've been fuelling my obsession with 'behind the scenes' footage from the show, as well as cast interviews. Seriously, they are amazing and truly worth the watch - I never get bored. I am also currently obsessed with Harry Potter posters/prints - which I plan to print out in high quality paper and stick them on my uni room. Only problem, I have hundreds (I kid you not) so it will take some time to narrow it down :P
Motel Rocks - 20% off full priced items (Code: GOGETIT)
J.Crew - 30% off final sale & 50% off select final sale (Code: EASYSALE) 14/9