Sunday 30 June 2013

Media Rave Sunday #4

What I'm raving about this week:
Music

Clarity - Zedd ft. Foxes
First heard this song when Sam Tsui covered it (He is amazing, must go check him out). This song is a great song (:
TV
The Great Gatsby (2013)
Finally got a chance to watch this on the last day of school with my friends! I actually had to study the novel (by F.Scott Fitzgerald) for my IGCSEs last year - which was a pain analysing it - so it was interesting to see how they interpreted the story. It was rather exciting since after analysing it, I knew all the symbolic references and even remembered the prominent quotes! :D
I thought the casting was quite good. Daisy (Carey Mulligan), Gatsby (Leonardo DiCaprio), Tom, Myrtle and Nick Carraway was all how I imagined them to be! But I've always seen Wilson as being much older and Jordan with longer hair.
All in all, considering it was a portrayal of a classic 1920 novel, it kept as close to the story as possible, the music (although some were a bit out of place), costumes and setting were incredible. Highly recommend it!
Blogosphere


A UK Blogger with amazing style, beauty tips and lifestyle posts! I enjoy scrolling through her blog whenever I'm bored!
P.S: Want to be featured as my blogosphere blogger? Click HERE
P.P.S: Linking up with Musical Mondays @  My So -Called Chaos
post signature
Follow me on: Bloglovin' //Tumblr // Twitter // Polyvore // Google + //Google Friend Connect

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, must watch the Great Gatsby then! :D

    XO, Michi
    www.hautemenot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't seen The Great Gatsby. It's on my watchlist.
    I'd like to invite you to join my giveaway http://dailyfashiondream.blogspot.com/2013/06/persunmall-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10