Sunday 23 June 2013

Review // Maybelline Color Sensational Moisturizing Lipstick in 'Plum Perfect' + 'Cosy Tangerine'


That is one long post title O.o




Packaging:
The normal tube lipstick which you have to twist to get more (:
I think there are only 4 different coloured packaging for the 4 different 'main' shades - pinks, reds, nudes, coral



Plum Perfect: 
The first one I got out of the two. When swatched it looked like a deep 'plum' but on my lips, it's sort of a bright fuschia with tinges of purple. I was a little disappointed since it wasn't the colour I anticipated and I don't really wear bright lip colours (yet). However, I find that this makes a good stain if you just lightly dab some on your lips (:

Cosy Tangerine: 
I was actually reluctant to get this because the name had 'tangerine' in it which made me think - bright orange! But thank goodness I opened up the tester because I really like this now! It's coral, but leans more towards the pink side (in my opinion). I love this because it's very similar to my natural lip colour and just gives it a flush of pink! A perfect natural. day lipstick (:

Pigmentation/Colour
It's quite pigmented but of course, you can build up the intensity by putting more layers on. However, I have slightly pigmented bare lips so the colours may be slightly different depending on natural lip colour!
This lipstick lasted for about 3 hours before there was a need to re-apply.
Both shades have a teenie bit of shine/shimmer to it but it relatively opaque

Texture
It's quite creamy which makes it easy to apply as it just glides on to your lips. It's also quite moisturizing which means it won't dry out your lips!

Would I re-purchase it?
Yes I would! But perhaps in other shades. Right now, I'm eyeing Summer Sunset, Angel Rose and Toffee Cream!

Have you tried this product? What do you think?


post signature
Follow me on: Bloglovin' //Tumblr // Twitter // Polyvore //Google Friend Connect

3 comments:

  1. nice review !! Btw please vote me for laneige ambassador from indonesia and join my giveaway maybe you're the lucky one

    http://sabrinamaida.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound lovely and the shades are gorgeous :)
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shades www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10