Thursday 13 June 2013

This & That Tag : Book Edition

Please excuse my bookshelf that is extremely cluttered & consists of more than just books :P Trust me, the one in my study room is more book-filled :D

Saw this tag on Claudia's blog at Beauty and the Chic & since I haven't done a tag before... this would be my first! And since I'm such a bookworm, I thought: Why not? (:
Anyway, here goes:

Audio books or book in hand?
Book in hand. For me, books are meant to be read by yourself instead of being read to. If it's audio books, I would not concentrate and nothing will go in. Plus, with books in hand, I can imagine the voices in my head :D

Soft or hard cover?
Really don't have a preference (:

Fiction or non-fiction?
I'm definitely more of a fiction person because I like being immersed somewhere else. But, I do read non-fiction from time to time - but it has to be written in a SUPER interesting way. 

Fantasy or real life?
Both! I like fantasy because it's a whole new world where you have no idea what happens which is pretty cool - like Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Percy Jackson. However, I also like real life stories because it's relatable which is nice (:


Harry Potter or Twilight?
HARRY POTTER! I'm a huge huge huge Potterhead.  Read the whole series about 7 times...I'm such a Harry Potter nerd it's not even possible - I can rave on about Harry Potter for days. I'm not a huge fan of Twilight... not very keen on the plot, movies and I couldn't finish reading the books.

Kindle, iPad or other?
I have a Kindle which is handy when you want to travel without carrying a bookshelf with you. But I still prefer flicking through actual pages than reading digitally.

Borrow or buy?
I always borrow unless there's a need to buy. Books are timeless. You can read the same stories whenever so borrow (:

Book store or online?
Book stores are nice for the authenticity and I often go to bookstores but I think online is just as good if you can't get the book you want near you.

Standalone or series?
Don't mind. I like series for continuity but in reality, series are just a huge ass standalone story divided into parts.

Monster read or short and sweet?
As long as it's interesting, I don't mind. (:

Starry-eyed or full of action?
I'm a sucker for romantic stories! But I like both ends of the spectrum and a bit of both too (:

Curl up in your snuggie or lay in the sun?
Curl up! I can't read in the sun. My favourite reading spots is on my couch or in my bed under the blankets. So peaceful (:

Hot chocolate or latte?
Ohhhh both! Can't decide!

Read the review or decide for yourself?
If I don't understand the plot, I read the plot summary and then re read the book to gain a better understanding. Never read reviews though. Different books appeal to different people

And... that's it! Hope you have fun reading that! If you do do this tag, do leave a link in the comments below! (:

post signature
Follow me on: Bloglovin' // Twitter // Polyvore //Google Friend Connect

2 comments:

  1. I love reading books. Ever since I was a little girl, my mom taught me to read books <3

    P.s May I invite you to my giveaway?

    Click here to win a $100 voucher to Chicwish.com!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this tag idea!

    And I'm the same way - totally prefer "real" hard copy books over the eBooks. For some reason I just can't seem to get into them as much? Must be a mental thing haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10