Saturday 8 June 2013

Cropped Bustier/Bralet : Lookbook (Part 2/2)



Previously, I talked about cropped bustier/bralets and tips on how to wear them!Go to Part 1 (HERE)

How I will style it (via Polyvore) - and yes, I went a little crazy creating outfits instead of revising...oops!:

Look 1:

White Ruched Front Bralet Crop Top (New Look) // Hi Lo Chiffon Skirt (Delia's) // Women's Callia Strappy Chestnut Brown Wedge Sandals (Ugg) // Braided Fringe Hobo Bag (Wet Seal) // Beaded Coil Bracelet (Maurices) // Gold Layered Necklace in black & cream (Ettika)

For this look, I went for simplicity in neutrals and just paired a simple white bralet with a flowy coral hi-low top (2 trends in 1! wheeee) I accessorized it with brown/earthy toned items to give it a laid back feel. I think this is perfect for summer or strolling along the beach... and has a bit of bohemian vibe to it (:

Look 2
Pink Applique Detail Crop Top Bralet (Chiara Fashion) // Alberceque distressed denim shorts (Ksubi) // Calypso Gladiator Sandals (GUESS) // Le Sentier Top (Yoox) // Chinle Backpack (Forever 21) // Feather Linear Earring (Wet Seal) // Walker Large Circle Frame Sunglasses (OC Shades) // Parker Cocktail Headband (Eugenia Kim)

With this look, I kept thinking, Coachella, music festivals, music festivals... and ta da! I'll admit I took my inspiration from Vanessa Hudgen's various Coachella outfits which I adore (: A simple pink bralet with frayed denim shorts (preferably high waisted) and perhaps a fringed vest if that's showing TOO much skin. And no music festival is complete with sandals when walking in the grass, feathered earrings, printed bag to store essentials, and a floral headband.

Look 3

Black Spikes Bralet Top ( missrebel) // Gold Shiny Skater Skirt (Chiara Fashion) // Axton Suede Gold Trim Wedges (Michael Kors) // Pink & Gold Deco Bead Embellished Clutch (New Look) // Silver Ridge Bangles (Baublebar) // Chevron Earrings (Style Tryst)
Not only can bralets be used for casual occasions, but they can be dressed up just as nicely. I loved the golden, shiny look of the skirt (only 10 pounds!) so I paired it with a plain black bralet with studs! The rest of the accessories I kept to the gold/black theme (: Perfect for a formal-ish occasion or a lovely night out (:

Look 4

Days of Night Bustier (Sass&Bide) // Royal Blue Lapel Wing Blazer (by Masc) // Highwaist Zip Skinny Trousers (Topshop) // Salome Sandal (eLavin) // Black Tote Bag (Wallis)  // Lipstick: MAC Riri Woo

This outfit could be wearable in a creative working environment or events where you aim to be professional - but don't forget that blazer! And who says navy and black don't go together! A bright red lip to tie the whole look together and you're good to go (:

Look 5

Pink Floral Zip Front Bustier (Topshop) // Moto Polka Dot Denim Skater Skirt (Topshop) // Amara Baby Pink Leather Look Lace Up Perspex Block Heel (boohoo.com) // Morgan Saddle Bag (orYANY) // Hepcat Shades (Madewell) //
Straw Fedora (GUESS)

Since I chose almost all plain bralets for my previous looks, I decided to showcase a printed floral one (: After matching it with a polka dotted circle skirt, I decided I'd go for a country look. Hence the fedora, crossbody bag (which I want!) and nude ankle boots - yea... I like my neutrals. Even though the prints are different, the colours and shades match up pretty well! (:

My favourite look out of the five would be either #1 or #5 because I love my skirts :P Also, I tend to go by the rule: Tight top, loose bottoms OR loose top, tight bottoms (:

How celebrities wear it

The Pants

(L-R): Kirsten Stewart; Jennifer Lopez; Rihanna; Jessie J

I love Kirsten Stewart's unique bralet and how she paired it with flair trousers AND Rihanna's look because it shows just the right amount of skin (:

The Skirts/Dress

(L-R): Selena Gomez; Miley Cyrus; Sophie Monk; Pixie Lott

Probably my favourite look out of the whole bunch would be Selena Gomez's! Love the bralet AND the skirt. Miley Cyrus' is also a winner for me (:
On the Runway

Uber professional
Hey, the one on the very right is just like Kirsten Stewart's! :D



So what do you think? How would you style the cropped bustier/bralet & what's your favourite look? (:
post signature
Follow me on: Bloglovin' // Twitter // Polyvore //Google Friend Connect

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10