Tuesday 9 July 2013

Thriftin' & Haulin'


Every weekend, there's a small flea market (?) next to this shopping mall (picture above!) near my place and would you believe it, this was my first time going! 

There are tons of small stalls and they sell the cutest things - clothes, accessories, makeup (although I would advise against buying them cause they could be fake), shoes etc. that I wanted to get EVERYTHING! But of course I couldn't, so here are some things that I did buy (:

Crochet lace shorts VND 100,000 (US$4.71 or £3.14)

These shorts turned out quite beigey pink...but they're actually a cream/off white colour!
I don't have anything like this so I'm definitely excited to wear them! I think these are perfect for summer - somehow, crochet always scream 'summer' for me - with a flowy top with sandals :D 
Crochet/lace crop top VND 90, 000 (US$4.23 or £2.83)

This top is actually not that cropped as it reaches just beyond my belly button. I especially love the detailing on this top and it can be a cute bikini cover up or a layering piece... there are endless possibilities since it's so versatile!

Crochet vest - VND 50,000 (US$2.35 or £1.55)

I promise this is my last crochet item! :P Again, another summer-y piece and a good layering piece as well! I can wear this over a maxi or sun dress or even over a simple tank top and shorts to jazz things up a little (:
Striped top - VND 120, 000 (US$5.64 or £3.80)

The material is super light and flowy which is perfect for keeping cool in the heat! Could be another cover up or paired with shorts or a skirt! I also love the tied knot at the front which gives it a little something-something (:

This blouse actually makes me think of Bananas in Pajamas (have you guys ever watched that show?) so pair this with bright yellow jeans and I think I can be their honorary member :P Hehehe
Circle/Skater Skirts: VND 110,000 each (US$5.17 or £3.48)

My favourite purchase! There were many designs of these skirts but those two were my favourite and I couldn't pick just one! So I bought two :P
The one on the left is a nice golden tan colour and the material is actually quite velvety!
The one on the right is made of black faux leather material which makes it quite light and nice to wear and I've always wanted a leather skirt! (:

 They flare out which can give illusion of curves or hide unsightly bumps. 
I think that both skirts can be dressed up or down very easily!

Leopard printed skirt: VND 90, 000 (US$4.23 or £2.83)
This skirt can be worn high waisted and again, it's super flowy since it's made out of chiffon material. It skims the hips and the neutral colour and light fabric is perfect for summer! I can imagine it flowing with the wind :P 
Since I'm not that big on attention grabbing print, this would be a great way to subtly incorporate the leopard print trend.



They had an amazing selection of jewellery (most handmade I think...) that I wanted to leave with everything but since I couldn't, I chose some (:

Studded headband: VND 40,000 (US$1.88 or £1.27)
 How cool is that headband? I think this can be easily DIYed (I must try!) but it was quite cheap so why not? This will definitely edge up any outfit and be a nice hair accessory when your hair is feeling a little plain (:

Top: Starfish ring // Bottom: Mouse ring - VND 25, 000 each  (US$1.18 or £0.79)
 They had so many vintage-y type rings there that were so cute! So I picked up two to add to my ring collection which I'm always on the hunt for and am hoping to expand cause you can never have too many rings - if you want me to show you my ring collection, do comment below!

I thought the starfish ring was super unique and so cool! It is definitely a statement piece for your fingers and I just love how it wraps around the finger - different from a standard ring.

I was born in the year of the mouse/rat so naturally I had to get that ring which is very cute and dainty (:


So overall, I got really good bargains! In my opinion, flea markets are the best place to pick up bargains and you can even negotiate! Double win!

P.S: I have a Pinterest account so if you have one, do follow me HERE

post signature

Follow me on: 
Bloglovin' //Tumblr // Twitter //Pinterest // Google + //Google Friend Connect

28 comments:

  1. I've never been to flea market but it sounds awesome! I love these lace clothing :)
    Glad to see you in Grab A Friend. Gotta be your friends, let's shake hands! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh, thank you for hosting it!
      *shakes hand* ;)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Flea market sounds amazing (: I followed you back already, thanks for the lovely comment and you look amazing xx

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! && no problem - you've got a lovely blog (:
      xx

      Delete
  3. You picked up so many pieces that are perfect for the summer! I'm in love with the striped top and it makes me want to make a trip to the beach. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice finds ! I wish I had such a great flea market here on Canary island, where I live !

    XX Luba 







    Meet Etrala London : the most Optimistic fashion
 brand and win organic tee with positive quote
    http://www.well-living-blog.com/2013/06/positee-for-my-lovely-readers.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lace shirt! Btw, I just followed you on bloglovin

    Check out my blog when you get the chance! :)

    stylevancity.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  6. really nice stripe shirt and skater skirts!

    check out my new outfit on blog! :)
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there! Here from the Blog Hop! Just wanted to let you know I'm following you via Bloglovin', Twitter, G+, and GFC! I Hope you'll get a chance to check me out :o)

    Blog url
    http://www.croppedstories.blogspot.com

    Bloglovin'
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3718883

    Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cropped-Stories/615495055132216

    Google+
    https://plus.google.com/u/0/102758509830977850235/posts

    Twitter
    https://twitter.com/croppedstories

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Checked out your blog + it's lovely! Followed you too (:

      Delete
  8. Awesome haul!

    Digging the headband. :)

    -Ashley
    http://lestylorouge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Looks like a great place and the prices are amazing! The crochet shorts are just fantastic!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, look at all those great finds!!
    I looove that striped tank! The headband is super adorable too.


    Xo,
    Elise
    www.w-t-fab.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. CUTE. What awsome finds. Thank you for linking up with us at the collective blog hop. Following you on everything hope you follow back!!

    www.nightchayde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh, thank you!
      Lovely blog, followed back (:
      xx

      Delete
  12. everything is so cute, LOVE the studded headband. I love a good bargain! Happy to have found your blog, now following :) xx

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Bargains are definitely my best friend ;)
      Love your blog! Following too! (:
      xx

      Delete
  13. Hi, I came from the Meet & Greet Blog Hop and am a new follower. You have some really cute finds!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love going to markets. You find the most amazing things...as you found out. I found you via Pin it Monday

    Handmade at Warratahstree

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It's like a little treasure hunt where if you look hard enough, you find incredible things (:
      xx

      Delete
  15. I love everything you got! xx

    I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award!

    http://yetanothermakeupblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!
      I'll leave the link when I've completed it! (:
      xx

      Delete
  16. I love the crocheted items they are all adorable. And isn't it always like that, anything that is close to home we put off going to. Hope you get to enjoy the flea market again soon.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I can't wait for this weekend to come around just so I can go there again, heheh :P
      Thanks for dropping by! (:
      xx

      Delete
  17. i'm obsessing over those lace shorts, adorable!!!!!! looks like you had a blast && i love your finds <3

    Xo Courtney || ColorMeCourtney.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those lace shorts are just TOO cute. I really love them :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! Gonna have fun styling them ;)
      xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10