Sunday 7 July 2013

OOTD // Innovations Day


Oversized sweater: Mango
Jeggings (?): Thrifted

This post is wayyyy over due - especially since I'm on my summer holiday now - but better late than never yea? :D

It was Innovations Day at my school and we could go non-uniform so I opt for something comfy and relaxed, especially since I was going to be sewing all day! The sweater was made of very light and airy material which is perfect for keeping warm in the class rooms and I wouldn't get roasted in the outdoors heat. The white and blue makes me think of winter and snow!

Anyway, innovations day in my school is a day where there are no classes and us students get to choose an array of activities that ranges from sports, baking, service clubs, sewing knitting... etc. I think the aim of this day is to try something you don't normally do. Although it wasn't my first choice, I got placed into sewing which I was okay with because I've always loved DIY things and sewing is one of them! Besides, what better way to learn! 
And this is what I made:


A stuffed heart! ...With a pedo smile...
Looks a bit creepy doesn't it :P

Yes, I took the whole 5 hours to make just that... In my defense, it was my first time making such thing because previously, my sewing skills have been kept to fixing loose buttons or sewing up clothes i.e the basics. So I'm still pretty proud of myself, hehehe.
 I was also going to make a monster bunny but that didn't turn out really well :/
Nevertheless, my day of sewing has inspired me and now I really want to go out and buy fabric to make more (hopefully successful) toys! :P
P.S: Linking up with DC in Style

post signature
Follow me on: 
Bloglovin' //Tumblr // Twitter // Polyvore // Google + //Google Friend Connect

9 comments:

  1. I wish we had an innovation day in our school! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oversized sweaters, they're so comfy! :)

    Ria x
    NatuRia Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I! Perfect for lounging around (:
      xx

      Delete
  3. Innovation days would've been ideal when I was in school. I'd love to see anything you end up making. That heart is pretty cute lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your sweater!

    Do you want to follow each other? Let me know!
    http://walls-cant-stop-you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (:

      Really love your blog! Such great inspirations there - followed on GFC and Bloglovin' (:
      xx

      Delete
  5. Hey Yuen. Found you via a blog hop and just leaving a comment to let you know that I'm following you now (: Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big fan of oversized sweaters and yours look great!!! Enjoy your summer holiday!
    http://dcinstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you have a great summer too! (:
      xx

      Delete

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10