Tuesday 23 July 2013

NOTD // Mixing it Up

Most of you will have known that in a bid to stop myself from harming my nails (aka biting) I've starting painting them! Something my school forbids but since it's summer, I'm freeeeeee ;)
I must say that it's going rather well! Have not touched my nails in a week/two

That said, my nail polish collection is mediocre. It's tiny. I only have about 4 shades? Which is why when I'm bored of the same colours, I try to mix and match to create new-ish shades!

With these nail polish colours:


L: New Elite Nail Polish Professional (sorry, I'm not sure which shade as it's a local Vietnamese brand & a friend gave it to us!)

R: Jordana In Love

I've managed to turn this (a bright purple/fuschia):

 
Into this:


A more shimmery purpley/pink!  See the difference? (:

After the usual 3 coats of the bright purple base, I painted 1 coat of the shimmery pink. Since it's quite sheer, it layers on very nicely by giving it a hint of shimmer! I must say I like how this turned out and how it catches the light too (how poetic) (:

I guess what I'm trying to say is, play with the shades you've got to create new (and maybe better) shades!

What's your favourite nail polish combination?


post signature

Keep up with me on:
Bloglovin' //Tumblr // Twitter // Lookbook //Pinterest // Google + //Google Friend Connect

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10