Saturday 13 July 2013

NOTD // Breaking the Habit

I have a super duper bad habit of biting my nails for a long time now and which I am trying to break. That said, I'm not much of a nail polish junkie because my school doesn't allow painted nails and the hassle of having to paint them nicely and then remove them has always put me off.

But after seeing numerous nail swatches and nail art around the World Wide Web, I've become inspired. Thus, in a bid to break my habit AND have pretty nails, I've started painting my nails with my very limited collection of nail polish (: 
My theory is that if my nails look good, I'll be less tempted to bite them - so far, it's working!


This is my attempt at nail art. I don't own any specific tools and am not the best at painting my nails either...

Anyway, I thought that teal and gold go really well together so I made teal my main colour, added gold dots using the ends of a paper clip and accented my ring finger with the same gold colour (:

Not bad for a first attempt I'll say :P


Colours used:

Nail Polish For Better Life : 554
Lilan Vital Nail Lacquer - Gold ( Although the colour is gorgeous, I'm not a big fan of this polish as it is quite streaky :/ )

So far, I've gone a week without biting my nails! Yayyyy! I'm going to keep this up and hopefully stop for good (: Here's to pretty nails (:\


post signature

Follow me on: 
Bloglovin' //Tumblr // Twitter //Pinterest // Google + //Google Friend Connect

11 comments:

  1. lovely combination, that teal colour is gorgeous! x

    www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color combination! Congrats! I know how hard it is to stop biting your nails. I wish you more power! I know you can do it! Keep posting posts like this to keep up your motivation ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you so much! I will keep trying & post more picture of my (attempted) nail art :P

      Delete
  3. it looks great dear! Thanks for your lovely comment,don't forget to enter my giveaway! :)


    VIEWRAMA
    t
    my
    Persunmall Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great! Me too I had a very bad biting problem and I stopped when I've started wearing nail polishes often!
    Keep it up!!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's working so far - resisting the temptation!
      xx

      Delete
  5. I love the teal and gold together. It looks great!

    New follower from the Beauty and Fashion Bloggers bloghop.

    Deana
    TesoriBelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Lovely blog you have there - following on Bloglovin' (:

      Delete
  6. The blue is a really great shade!
    xx
    www.clothesandcamera.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very clever idea to keep that bad habit at bay!

    xx,
    mashasmumbles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful post lovely information, i like this type nails palish, i am really appreciate for this post thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10