Thursday 27 June 2013

Summer Series #4 // Hairstyles for the Sun

Image from the Internet
My fourth post in the Summer Series! To see the others, go HERE (under 'Summer 2013 Series')

Even though it's summer, it does not mean that you can only tie your hair up in a plain old ponytail or a normal bun to keep you feeling cool. There are tons of other hairstyles that you can rock. Here are my top 10:

Braided Ponytail


Image source

1. Make a deep side part and french braid a 3 inch piece of your hair on the fuller side
2. Continue down your head until you reach the bottom
3. Pull the rest of your hair in a low ponytail
4. Wrap a piece of hair around your elastic + secure with a bobby pin to hide it!

Boho Twists

Image source

1. Spray your hair with a bit of texturizer
2. Twist a piece of hair (you can make it as thin/thick as you wish) on either side of your head
3. Pin them back and... VOILA!


Summer Twists
Image source

I think that this one's a fun hairstyle to re-create and is more interesting then just boring let down hair!

1. Spray texturizing wax on damp hair and let them air dry
2. Take about a 2 inch section of your hair, split them into 2 and twist them around each other
3. Secure with an elastic
4. Twist as many as you wish!


Double braided Headband

Probably one of my favourite hairstyle yet!
Yes that's me - to see my tutorial (in words) go HERE


Ponytail Braids

Image source
Don't want a boring pony tail? Braid them after you've tied your hair in a ponytail!

Bundled Up

Not only do you get to change it up by wearing different headwraps/headbands each time, but this also keeps your hair out of your eyes (:

1. Pull hair to one side and braid (normal/fishtail) over your shoulder
2. Secure with an elastic band
3. Put a turban-style wrap or headband on your hair
3. Gently tug each side of the braid to loosen it for the effortless look

*If you have shorter hair, instead of braiding, wear hair in a side, loose ponytail instead*


Beachy Waves


Let your hair be air-dried naturally. Or wear your hair in a braid for a few days before letting it loose to get nice curls


Messy Bun



Perfect for those lazy days. A quick fix!

Waterfall braid

Whenever I wear my hair like this, I feel like a princess. Another favourite!
Basically you braid your hair, but drop a strand and pick up a new one as you go along (:
But that's a pretty lame instruction so you can find a tutorial here 


Braided Rose
Tutorial @ http://cupcakesandcashmere.com/easy-summer-hair-how-tos

I love how dainty and feminine this look is! Very unique (:


All these looks make me want to play with my hair again! Which looks will you try this summer? (:

post signature
Follow me on: Bloglovin' //Tumblr // Twitter // Polyvore // Google + //Google Friend Connect

15 comments:

  1. Great posts! I'll surely try one of those :)

    http://worldofn.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waterfall braid is so pretty!! Wish I could do that myself =P
    Nice to meet you lovely! ;))

    ❤ Jenny Tsang
    www.Tsangtastic.com
    – NEW POST: Snake Is Me –

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it! I love waterfall braids & I can do them on other people, but not on myself, which sucks :(
      Thanks for dropping by!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I love different braid hairstyles for summer! Especially the ones that keep the hair away from face! Because it's hard to worry about hair when it's already hot!

    callmemaddie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Braids do the job AND there are a million styles that you can change it up every day (:

      Delete
  4. all of these hairstyles are adorable! time to practice :D kekeke

    My Blog: Caught in a Daze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do send me a link if you managed to master any of those! I'm still in the process of learning too :P
      xx

      Delete
  5. so many great styles. Thanks for the inspiration, love. If you have a moment, I'd love if you'd check out my latest photo diary. :) xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome <3
      & of course I wil! (:
      xx

      Delete
  6. You're killing it with your summer series! I can't get enough of them. My favorite summer look is always the beachy waves but now you have me craving some braids in my hair! You have mastered the braided headband - definitely giving your tutorial a try since I always manage to look weird when I do it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you so much!
      I do love having beach waves but with my super straight hair, I can never get it quite right :P
      The braided headband is actually easier than it looks - even I was surprised when I found out! If I (a person with limited hair styling skills) can do it, I'm sure you can too ;)

      Delete
  7. Nice post!!! would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin? let me know...
    Besos, desde España, Marcela♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Kate Hudson's hair here. Visiting from Christina's link-up. :)

    Lauren
    Style of One's Own

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great ideas for summer 'dos! I think I need to practice braiding my own hair some more!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10