Wednesday 13 August 2014

Japan Photo Diary - Day 1&2 (Kyoto)








Wearing
Crop top - Missguided
Culottes - Atmosphere (Forever 21 similar)
Sunglasses - eBay
Sneakers: unbranded (Converse similar + Missguided similar + Vans similar)


  With much delay, if you follow me on Instagram (@infamoushearts), you would've already seen some of these! I have tons of pictures in my camera roll that I had to choose my absolute favourites or these will take aeons to load. The outfit above is actually what I wore for Day 2 because Day 1 was just travelling and I dressed like a hobo because comfy is key. Got those paisley printed culottes off eBay secondhand and they are so comfy that it feels like you're not wearing any pants...too much information? But seriously though, a basic crop top and culottes combination is the best for vacation.


Day 1

Landed in Osaka in the afternoon and it was H.O.T. Yes, I know it's summer, but because Japan is so up north from the Equator, I thought it'd be a bit cooling...so weather, you disappointed me. Apart from that, Japan is beautiful. Osaka was a lot less 'crowded' and metropolitan than I expected as there are tons of beautiful alleyways and narrow streets where all the restaurants and shops are. The streets are very pedestrian friendly and if the locals aren't taking the subway, they are biking around. A word of advice: the subway system in Japan is uber confusing...especially since there is limited English wording so it took a bit of getting used to :/ On the bright side, people here are incredibly friendly and public transport (trains and buses) are very convenient.


Day 2

We took the Shinkansen (bullet train) to Kyoto, a city nearby, for a day trip. This time, we went sightseeing and walked to Kiyomizu Temple. The architecture is brilliant. The houses look relatively old fashioned are are all really closed together on narrow streets - so picturesque. On the way to the temple, there were tons of shops selling things ranging from souvenirs, Japanese sweets, tea, ice cream (which by the way, were amazing with the most random flavours) and food! The good thing about this is that a lot of stores that offered free testers so of course I took advantage of that...their mochi is a must-try. A sweet treat with a billion flavours available. I could have that all there. Also, you don't have to worry about being thirsty in Japan because there are vending machines everywhere. At least 1 every 10metres or so, selling cold drinks and sometimes even warm food or ice cream! Best buying experience ever :P I was also quite surprised to see that many girls (and sometimes guys) in kimonos, but they looked so pretty that I wanted one myself.

















Hope you enjoyed my Japan photo diary so far! Check back in this space for more to come!
P.S: Check out Darcy Clothing's 70% sale for summer & get a 10% off with 'darccy10'


Shop the look





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10