Tuesday 10 February 2015

Outfit // Valentine's Day #1 - Up on Heaven's Boulevard



A classic LBD with an edge...






Wearing
Dress: ASOS (£7)
Choker Bra Strap*: Esty Lingerie (£10.99)
Heels: New Look (River Island similar + Selfridges similar + Lord & Taylor similar)


  I know, I know, it's been an extremely long while since I got an outfit post up. The main reason was due to me not having a place to take them...well, a place that is secluded from all eyes at Uni cause none of my flatmates know about this little space and thus, I would like to avoid awkward questions. Since my university room is tiny and I'm a hoarder, I have struggled to be able to clear enough space...but I've found a solution. Sure it involves moving my bed to the other side with things all over the place...but I kinda miss doing outfit/personal style posts and I will put in the extra effort!

  Anyway, after my unique Valentine's Day gift guide , I thought it'd be appropriate to put together some V-Day style inspiration.  I featured Esty Lingerie's Choker Bra Strap* a few weeks ago and promised to incorporate them in an outfit to show that it is not hard to wear sneak this daring piece into your everyday wear. When I received it, I knew I wanted to do a Valentine's Day feature. I decided to keep it simple by pairing the choker bra strap with a textured figure hugging LBD with a bardot necklace to expose just the right amount of skin. I find that the choker takes a normal LBD up to a new (sexier) level. Because of this, I decided on no statement necklace of fancy jewellery and just wore this with nude heels from New Look, a nude lip - MUA lipstick in shade 11 - and a simple half-up-half-down hairdo. After all, the choker is the center of attention. This is perfect for that fancy dinner with that special someone this Valentine's Day!

P.S: How gorgeous is the gold accent on the heel?



"And I can't look at the stars
They make me wonder where you are
Stars, up on heaven's boulevard
And if I know you at all, I know you've gone too far
So I, I can't look at the stars"

- "Stars" by Grace Potter & the Nocturnals


P.S: I would like to mention that I will be jumping off a plane at the end of June in order to raise money for Dementia UK - a charity that helps support those that are affected by this progressive disease as well as their loved ones during this emotional journey. My target is £395 and would love it if you guys could support me and donate! No matter how big/small the amount, all will be greatly appreciated. You can find out more & donate HERE




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10