Saturday 11 January 2014

OUTFIT // Radiant Orchid






ALSO ON CHICTOPIA










dress: Nichii // heels: New Look via ASOS : £15.50 (on sale for £11.50 now!) // rings: eBay : £1.12 // earrings: boutique in Malaysia (similar) // necklace: gifted by aunt (similar) // gold hair clip: sister's (similar)


Pantone Colour of the Year (2014):
RADIANT ORCHID

Radiant Orchid blooms with confidence and magical warmth that intrigues the eye and sparks the imagination. It is an expressive, creative and embracing purple—one that draws you in with its beguiling charm. A captivating harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid emanates great joy, love and health


My first outfit post for the year! Sorry it took so long - I had a bunch of other outfits sitting in my drafts, but I really wanted this to be the first so I waited until I had time to drag my sister out to take a few pictures :D


A look inspired by Pantone's colour of the year. Purple is one of my favourite colours. It's royalty, elegance and girly-ness rolled into one. I think any skintone can pull off this one! Yet, I have very little purple in my wardrobe - this dress is one of my only ones! I bought it about 2 years ago and only probably wore it twice...oops :/ Could never find the right occasion to wear it! I remembered getting it because I might be going to a garden/tea party - what was I thinking?! Nevertheless, I should really let it see daylight more often.


With purple dress, purple (well, more like magenta) nails and purple eyeshadow (which you can't really see!) I decided to wear my new ASOS strap heels which is now reduced in the sale for only £11.50! Considering I got it for about £15, that is an absolute bargain. It's a tad taller than what I'm used to,
but I don't have a nude/neutral pair of heels, I'm small so... oh well, I just need practice! 


By the way, this set of 8 vintage-y rings with different words inscribed on them is my new favourite purchase! And
they're super cheap too! I love wearing them all at once and stacking them up even though my sisters think I'm 
crazy :P For a no-fuss and quick solution when my hair decides it's in a bad mood, all I do is just clip my front 
hair to back with a claw clip and...voila. Problem solved.
Also,I am aware that the flower I'm holding is not an orchid, but since I couldn't find one, a hibiscus would
 have to suffice :P


Lastly, I have mocks beginning Monday, which I'm dreading! Help?
On a brighter note, I reached 1000 Bloglovin' followers about 2 days ago! Yayyyy! Thank you guys so much
for sticking around and support this little space :') Currently planning a giveaway after all the school shiz
is out of the way (: THANK YOU!
(This post turned out to be longer than I expected...)


What do you guys think of Pantone's Colour of the Year?


P.S:  I would love it if you like my Facebook page!


If you would like to advertise on my blog for as low as £1 (approx US$ 1.65) a month, please click HERE




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10