Saturday 3 May 2014

April Haul ft. ASOS, Rimmel, thrift finds & more!


This month, I picked out some really awesome fashion & beauty finds that are the perfect additions to my Spring wardrobe!






You can get this top for $19.99 on the Mango site, but I got it for only 60,000 VND ($3) at this wholesale place so it was a great bargain.

I got this because I don't own many graphic-like tees. Also, palm prints are all the rage this spring/summer and I love the vintage effect (: It's made of light chiffon material so it's super breathe-able too




From the front, it looks like your average floral crop top. But the back is where the party starts. I love the 'laddered' cut outs as it makes this a whole lot more unique. Of course, this makes wearing a bra more difficult so I'd suggest either stick ons or just go sans-bra if you can. I wore this in a recent post, so see it in action here


(same // same)

A high neck crop top is a great basic, wardrobe staple to have, simply because you can pair this with virtually anything you want!




I absolutely love love love this sweater! Mint green is one of favourite colours and this ticks the pastel trend box. Also, I love how this one has subtle white speckles in it too. It's quite thin which is great for layering in the winter, or just to wear alone during spring!



Teal Culotte Shorts - ASOS (£6.00 on sale)

Probably my absolute favourite purchase - culottes. I can't stress how unbelievably comfortable this is! It gives you the comfort of a skirt, whilst preventing any slip-ups as it's actually a pair of shorts. This is high waisted so the accentuates the waist and you can pair this with anything. Lately, I've been loving wearing this with crop tops although you can probably tuck in loose fitting shirts and still look great. The bright teal colour also adds to the spring fun. 

Guys, if you don't already own one, get a pair of culottes! I seriously want one in every colour and print - that's how obsessed I am. ASOS has a whole range of them with different colours and prints here


Black Shorts - Vero Moda @ ASOS (£6.00 on sale - out of stock, but similar)

I got these in a Size 8, but they're a tad too big for comfort so I'm going to have to bobby-pin it. Your average
 black shorts although I was rather surprised to see that it was a silky material because I prefer shorts to
have an elasticated waistband, but it does have a concealed zip and pockets so that's always good. It also
comes with a belt which you can never have too many of! I think this will be a great wardrobe staple.


What's summer without a great pair of sunglasses? I got this off eBay (can you believe it?) and I actually did a solo post on them here - goes to show how awesome I think they are.



Got some beauty bits too! The tortoise-shell earrings are c/o Majestical Jewelry and I am currently running a giveaway to win gift cards to the online store here


Rimmel London Kate Lipstick - ASOS ( (£5.49)

I haven't tried Rimmel London Kate lipsticks yet so I thought I'd cover the spectrum and pick up three - a nude (03), natural pink (08) and deep red (01). So far, I'm pretty impress and I will review these in due's time! Got these off the ASOS website here



Since I've heard so many things about the infamous Apocalips lip lacquers, after googling swatches, I thought I'd get this peachy colour, 'Luna'. However, I will say that this did not quite live up to my expectations but as always, I'll review it and give you my detailed thoughts (: 

Got this off ASOS here. Oh and, ASOS does stock quite a few beauty brands and there are often deals going on sometimes you can grab a bargain. Although a word of caution, their on site 'swatches' aren't accurate at all so do google them for yourselves.


Did you get anything great this April?


Only 4 days left to enter my Majestical Jewelry giveaway!
Also, Skinade is giving you the chance to win 30 days of Skinade worth £90 just by filling up this short survey



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10