Wednesday 29 May 2013

"What's in my makeup bag?" Series: Eyes







1. Maybelline the Colossal Volume Express Waterproof Mascara: This mascara is perfect for a more dramatic look as it really does amp up the volume and length of your eye lashes. You just need one coat for it to define your eyes! I also love how with the brush, you are able to come in contact with those pesky lashes at the very ends. It's definitely waterproof, although it may give you panda eyes if you swim or wash your face with it so remove makeup first! Overall, I have no problems with this product, except for the fact that it sometimes clumps and makes my eyelashes look spidery :( However, a good wiggle with the wand would fix that (:

2. IN2IT Lash Xtra Mascara: I like this mascara because it gives more natural looking lashes (like the product claims) yet still manages to give it volume and length (after 2-3 coats). This is perfect for a 'i'm not trying hard' look or to school where you just want to look awake after pulling an all nighter but do not want to look overdone either. I would recommend using an eyelash curler afterwards cause this mascara droops after a while. Although it's a little flaky and not quite as waterproof as it claims, it does stay on all day & is super easy to remove! On special occasions, I would use this mascara AFTER my Maybelline one to try to get rid of the clumps and make it more natural & it works! Thumbs up for this product (Y)



3. IN2IT Waterproof eyeliner in All Black: Although I'm a bigger fan of liquid liners - my previous one dried up - this eyeliner isn't that bad (: It glides on really easily, which is always a bonus and is twistable which is great because there's no need for sharpeners! It claims that it is waterproof but although it does stay on for a good 6 hours (slightly smudged though), it's not as waterproof as I thought it'd be. Nevertheless, a good old eyeliner.



4. mik@vonk : Eyeshadow duo in Pink Beige Brown & Romantic Deep Wine: I stole this off my sister and I love it. It's quite pigmented and the colours are wearable! I use the baby pink for casual occasions as it gives a natural shimmer on my eyelids without looking overdone. I also love the deep purple colour which has sort of a matte finish and I wear it to more formal events or times where I want my eyes to look more intense. Sometimes, it's my substitution to eye liner! Or, you can wear the baby pink as a base & wear the purple over. Together or alone, these colours are beautiful.

5. Trend Chic Inc. Eyeshadow Palette: As you can see, the shades here are wearable and are fairly neutral. Since I prefer neutral eye makeup, I tend to stick to the browns (I've hit the pan on one of them :P) which I sometimes wear to school as it's similar to my skin tone and just provides a slight hint of shimmer. These colours aren't that pigmented & may need a few layers to build up intensity and has a slight shimmer to them

What eye products do you have in your makeup collection?
Also in the 'What's in my makeup up bag?' series:
What's NOT in my makeup bag
Lips
Perfume
post signature

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10