Monday 27 May 2013

What's in my makeup bag: 'What's Not' Edition

Makeup bag: Bonita

I believe that every blogger should make a 'What's in my makeup bag?' kind of post. And... this is my first one (: However, instead of putting everything in one long-ass post, I will break it up to eyes, lips & perfumes so I have something to write each day :P

As you can see from the picture above, that is ALL the makeup I have. I'm not a major beauty junkie (yet), I've just started using them & started building up my collection (: Because of that, I don't have some 'makeup essentials' as some people would call them. Therefore, I've decided to title this post, 'What's NOT in my makeup bag'. And the items are:

Foundation/Primer/Concealer: I don't own any of those because my skin type is super oily and I breakout very often - although the situation has gotten A LOT better. And yes, I do know that these are meant to conceal/cover them... but I can never seem to find the right shade that doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a mask. I have tried a powder foundation from Maybelline, but it gave me breakouts & I hate the feeling of it being cakey on my face. SO, I've decided that for now - until I acquire the skills - I will let my skin breathe foundation-less (:

Blush/Bronzer/Highlighter: Don't own these simply because I'm a makeup noob & whenever I TRY to put those on, it looks unnatural. Blush on me just looks super pink and makes me look like a china doll - a look I'm trying to steer away from until I master the skill. That said, my skin colour is super tan from all those hours of swim training in the Sun so I actually want to try bronzer - which I haven't before - and see if that works and is more natural on my skin tone.

So yea, those are the two major categories of stuff that I do not have in my makeup bag. 

Do you have any 'beauty essentials/basics' that you don't happen to own?


Also in the 'What's in my makeup bag?' series:




post signature

4 comments:

  1. Haha love the idea of "What is not in my makeup bag"! :) Lovely post hun!

    Andrea | RosyChicc

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got lots of makeup haha, Thanks dear for visiting my blog Smize with Style. :)
    Would you like to join too on my Oasap giveaway? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh, not as much as some people who have drawers & drawers though :P
      I've already entered ;) && you've got a lovely blog! (:

      Delete

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10