Friday 30 August 2013

Disney Princess inspired Designer Dresses + (a small update)

Update:
1. I have a facebook page now! Please do LIKE it for more fun and updates!
2. Please vote for me for a Missguided competition HERE - it's the last day! Hugs and kisses for everyone (:
3. I am now offering advertising opportunities on my blog! Prices start from £0.50 / US$0.70! Bargain! 
For more information, click HERE

4. Stay tune for a giveaway on my blog tomorrow!
----------
Whilst trawling through the Internet, I came across an article where Disney princess inspired designer dresses - designed by high-end designers like Valentino, Versace and Marchesa - will be up for auction to raise money for charity! Being a fashion and Disney lover, I thought I'd share it (:
Can you guess which dress is inspired by which Princess?
*Note: All images come from HERE but I combined and added the text*




Ariel by Marchesa


Personally, I find the real copy of the dress a bit plain...I thought with Ariel, they could do much more! I can definitely see where the inspiration came from from the sketch though.



Aurora by Elie Saab


I love my pinks so this is my absolute FAVOURITE. I love the pale pink colour and the intricate embroidery/roses on the gown! I would definitely wear this 


Belle by Valentino


Definitely very Belle-esque as it's similar - if not the same as - to the iconic yellow gown that she wears to dance with the Beast! Love this one (:


Cinderella by Versace


I can definitely see where the inspiration came from in this one. Not my favourite, but it's still nice (:


Jasmine by Escada


At first glance, I wouldn't have thought it was a Jasmine-inspired one. Looked more like Little Red Riding Hood to me! Maybe they should've used her signature pale turquoise colour and add a bit more Arabian-esque in there!


Mulan by Missoni


If I had to choose an inspired one, this would be it. Maybe because Mulan is my favourite Princess out of the lot cause I think she's more strong-willed and independent! And because I've got Chinese heritage as well ;) Heheh. I love the blend of colours, the oriental designs and the fabric used.


Pocahontas by Roberto Cavalli


I like the inspiration behind it and it does suit Pocahontas' character, but I liked the sketches more than the actual dress.


Rapunzel by Jenny Packham


Inspired by the Rapunzel in Tangled, this dress is stunning! I love the lilac colour and the sequinned neckline!


Snow White by Oscar de la Renta


This practically screams Snow White - from the red cape to the blue and yellow dress! The dress itself maybe, but not sure if anyone would wear the cape out in public. Nevertheless, a gorgeous piece.


Tiana by Ralph & Russo

I think this and Aurora's gown is a tied first for me! The style, colour and design is just perfect. Just imagine wearing this to prom!
Aren't those gorgeous?! Will definitely make any girl feel like a princess for sure! My favourite wearable one would be Tiana's and Aurora's, but my favourite inspired one is Mulan.*sigh* if only I had the cash to buy these! At least they're for a good cause (;
What do you think of the dresses? Which one is your favourite?
----------------------------------------------------------------
*cue Miley Cyrus' 'Nobody's Perfect' song* Everyone has their flaws and the first step is to acknowledging them.
P.S: Please do vote for me for a Missguided competition HERE - it will only take a few seconds and I'll be eternally grateful!
post signature
Keep up with me on: 
Bloglovin' // Facebook//Tumblr // Twitter // Lookbook //Pinterest // Google + //Google Friend Connect

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10